Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Rainy Day

Today is a cool, rainy day. Summer is coming to an end. The days are getting shorter. The air is cooler. The leaves are changing color and falling from the trees. Gardens are finishing their work. It seems that restful days may be ahead.

I was taking pictures with my phone and some of them blurred so
I tried to doctor them up. Didn't help a whole lot!

I am presently sitting with Melvin; and typing in between helping him with his reading and spelling (the Barton System). I can do a bit as he works on writing a sentence- or reading a story to himself before reading to me. The system has 10 levels and we are now in Level 6.
Melvin (We finished the Barton lesson and I read a story to him)

The boys and I are sitting in the living room doing lessons while the fire crackles and pops in the fireplace. The power has been off for about 3 hours and just came back on. There is something relaxing about not having electricity. You can’t do laundry or use water for dishes or cleaning. Sewing is out of the question. 
Stephen

So we curl up on the couches (or the floor!) and read and write. Yeah, we are informal like that about our school work. At our desks sometimes- usually for math and maybe for writing but really anywhere works. If you want to take your writing to the woods it is encouraged!
Matthew (another edited photo)

Austin

Does your family have favorite places to educate yourselves?

What are you enjoying this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment