Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Reflecting... on a Sunday

Outside my window...
It is grey. It's been grey a lot this winter. Sunshine is very occasional and very welcome. A few snow flurries were on the air at times today.
I am thinking…

I need to write a mission statement. Something that can be a lens to look at all of life through.
I am thankful for…
My husband. Dear, kind, thoughtful, wise, godly.
From the learning rooms…
We just came through a grueling session of preparing for a culture fair. (More on that later, hopefully.)
From the kitchen…
Food as fast and frugal as possible these days. Lots of meals with potatoes because that's what is abundant in storage. If you like a menu plan ready-made for you, try out Eat at Home. For a break and some inspiration I purchased a month and was really pleased. Meals are frugal, your grocery list is all made out and even color coded by meals, and you get three months worth of meals for the price of one. We have enjoyed nearly every meal we tried. (Have I told you about this before?)
I am wearing…
A dark dress- olive? Brown? Some strange color. Ankle socks. Clogs.
I am creating…
A dress. When I have time.
I am going…
To a singing with a few other families this evening. For a song that should challenge you, listen to this one.
I am reading…
I am hoping… .
To get rid of 500 things by the end of January. My sister challenged me to this and it's been great. I'm at 355 by now. It's embarrassing how much I have that I don't need.
I am hearing…
Austin making popcorn. A hunting video the younger boys are watching.
Around the house…
A problem door was fixed recently by Austin. Yay! Now it latches.
One of my favorite things…
Writing. 
A few plans for the rest of the week…
Get back into our normal studies. Host Bible study Wed evening. Prepare for Thomas' sister's family who plan to visit over the weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing….

No comments:

Post a Comment