Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

Daybook Friday

Outside my window...
It is dark and warm. Cooling off though. Hey! It's the first day of Autumn. It's Fall, the boys say. 
I am thinking…
About self government. Nicholeen Peck spoke about this at the Not Back to School Summit. Draw a circle. Write self in it. Draw a bigger circle around it. Write family in this one. Make an even bigger circle around this. Friends is the label this time. Label two more circles, church and government. Where do you go first to solve your problems? Do you have it within you (with God's help, of course)? Do you need to ask your family for help? Do you have strong family bonds that allow you to do this? Or do you skip this resource? Would you rather work behind their backs? Do you have friends to turn to? Church family? Or do you go straight to the government? This is how many people operate in our society. It's a sad situation. I'm thinking how family bonds need to be strengthened....starting right here with me. 
I am thankful for…
Food on the canning shelves and in the freezer. 
From the learning rooms…
We have been watching the hurricanes move across the Atlantic via Internet. So much power lashing the helpless islands out there. Why do they always start over by Africa? What makes them build up in power or phase out? 
From the kitchen…
What to cook? That's my daily dilemma. Not from lack of ingredients but from lack of inspiration. 
I am wearing…
A dark gray dress I made awhile ago to practice with a new pattern. 
I am creating…
Cheeses. Yogurt. Pies. Zucchini bread. Meals. 
I am going…
Well, I went shopping on Wed. Went to a friend's house today to deliver milk and get tomatoes. Got postcard stamps at the post office. 
I am reading…
Love the Home You Have by Melissa Michaels
I am hoping…
To get some cleaning done tomorrow. 
I am hearing…
The boys making and eating supper -it's breakfast for supper this eve. Stephen and Austin went on a camping trip with the youth group. Thomas is out spraying a deck down to let it soak overnight. 
Around the house…
The books are still being organized by Austin. The messes increase faster than I can keep up with them. (And there aren't even little children here.) Laundry is piled up. The bathrooms smell bad. The floors are dirty. The fridges need to be cleaned out and cleaned. And here I sit, writing. 
One of my favorite things…
Cheese. 
A few plans for the rest of the week…
Only one day left and my plan is to get the house cleaner. 
Here is picture thought I am sharing….
The postcards came!
Aren't they beautiful?

You sure you don't want one?

Have a splendid Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment