Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Today

Outside my window...
It's a fall day with brisk air, some clouds, some sunshine. The leaves of the maples are finally yellow.
I am thinking…
Thanksgiving week, when the family comes home, is on my mind. There's a lot to see after but my brain is having fun with that. It will be so nice to have a relaxing time together for once. No moving or cleaning. No wedding. 
I am thankful for…
So many things. A warm shelter for these cold days. A mug of coffee. Active, strong young men. A wagon load of sweet potatoes. 

From the learning rooms…
To get some writing in our days, I write a question in a composition book and the boys are supposed to answer it. (They each have their own book.) Then they ask me a question, I answer it and ask them another. It is fun.
From the kitchen…
Alfredo with pasta for supper. That will make my men happy.
I am wearing…
Nothing I wish to speak of. Everyday clothes. I follow advice I've heard different times lately. Dress to fit the occasion. If you're going to work, put clothes on that make you think so. "Dress to your shoes" so you are ready to do anything. Makes sense. And it does work.
I am creating…
Cleaner corners.
I am going…
Nowhere today. Maybe to the meat store tomorrow to get things to make Stephen's birthday supper.
I am reading…
The Gospel according to Luke
Love the Home you Have by Melissa Michaels
I am hoping…
...to get my house more clean and orderly before Thanksgiving. There will be three little girls here, including a baby. 
I am hearing…
The boys playing basketball and my nephew sighting in Grandpa's gun (the favorite gun of the whole family, including some of my sisters and excluding me).
It is very difficult to catch a good photo of moving boys
Around the house…
The library is mostly completed. I bought one more shelf for it bringing the total number of large shelves to six. There are four smaller shelves in the office plus one on top of Thomas' desk. 

Yesterday I bought a small shelf, from a neighbor I didn't know I had, who had posted it on Offer Up. This small one is for my office space which desperately needs organization. Thankfully some of my boys have more of an eye for order and design than I do and can help with such things.
One of my favorite things…
A happy person.
A few plans for the rest of the week…
Stephen's birthday party tomorrow evening. The oldest is twenty years old! 

The middle one is now sixteen and gets to go to a youth activity with the older two this Friday evening. That leaves us with the two youngest. Oh wow. Where have the years gone? 

I need to go shopping sometime. I keep putting that dreaded thing off.

Here is picture thought I am sharing….
This etching was done by one of our sons... for his friend. (He says it must be clear here that he himself does not like Chevy!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment