Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Counting Blessings

There is a challenge going on at Frugal Family Food. It's "low spend month" where we are challenged to use from pantry, fridge and freezer instead of getting as much from the grocery store. (Subscribe to their newsletter here.)

When the challenge was announced I thought there would be no way for me to participate. This is the time of year when my canned and frozen food is nearly depleted. Out with the old, time for some new.

But then I began to realize how much I had. One day I took pictures of things I was given and that came from our own farm. It has happened more than once that I decide to not buy as much and then God begins to shower me with food from sources I never thought of.

Peas and strawberries from the garden.
 20 lb bag of potatoes for $4.
 Milk from the cow.
Free cheese from my bro-in-law, who drives a food truck.
 Green things from our garden.
 Shucked peas (from our garden).
 Carrots from our friends' garden.
 Honey from our friends' bees.
 Eggs from our chickens.
 Blueberries from friends.
 Black raspberries from our orchard.
 Blueberries from our orchard.
Homemade butter.
Basil from the garden.
It is good to count one's blessings!

For a bonus here's a video of our youngest son mowing the yard. He has been bugging us for awhile to be allowed to do it. Our oldest was mowing with this same machine at 8 yrs of age. Why are we reluctant to allow the nearly 13 yr old youngest one to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment