Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Another Day Has Passed

It's four o'clock. The weather is pleasant. Thomas, Melvin & Christopher came home from work and Austin & Matthew left for their rafting adventure. 
One boy's gear
It'll be quiet around here for a few days. Austin & Matthew plan to be gone until Saturday sometime. They're rafting up the Potomac River with some friends from MD. I hope and pray all goes well for them. It looks like they'll have pleasant daytime weather with cool nights.
Here's a list of some of the things they're taking.
Takes a lot to feed 5 guys for 3 days in the wild.
Austin worked half a day on the lawn care crew. Matthew was here all day. Thomas & the others worked on the log house but had to come home early to unload a truck load of doors.

I haven't done a whole lot today. Washed a load of laundry. Typed up laundry instructions for my niece who's coming next week, Lord willing, to help me. Looked online for an easy way to make a clothespin bag. And I got the "sewing food group" schedule done for the coming year.
When we church ladies get together once a month to sew for the needy, we make food for ourselves and the school children. We divide into two groups. One group brings food one month and is free the next. I'm responsible for the one group. I figured I'd better get a plan in place before my brain is crowded with other things. So glad it's done!

Matthew moved the piece of furniture into our bedroom. Now I can get the baby clothes washed and stored in it instead of in the Pack-n-Play. I need to sort through what I have and see what I still need.
Interestingly Thomas made that piece of furniture for the first house we lived in. He made it to fit in our bathroom for the exact purpose it will now have- a changing table. Although it held towels and washcloths there instead of baby clothes.

Our front flower bed has been a pill for me. It is large and full of a variety of flowers. The weeds also like that place too well so it is often hard to find the flowers and there's really not a good way to get to the front porch. 
Every year we talk about how to work with it and every year we don't really do much. Joanna and Christopher have been working on it slowly but surely and getting rid of the weeds. I would like to eliminate most of the flower bed and just keep a narrow row of flowers along the house. Who knows if we can make that happen..
Our cow has been having a swelling on her udder that concerned us. The vet was out to look at it and gave antibiotics to treat it. It hasn't been doing any good. We're trying some natural things and we'll see what happens.

With the antibiotic treatment we've had to dump the milk for about a week. That isn't easy for a family that's used to drinking all the milk they want! I usually use milk to get this handful down...
There's prayer meeting this evening so I should get supper ready and wind things up (or down) around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment