Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Springtime and HOME!

Oh, it is good to be home! To be welcomed by warm spring weather, flowers, green grass and spring peepers. Yummy. 
Notice a blue "shine" on the ground


The little blue anemones that cause the blue "shine" in the photo above.


Rows of daffodils with forsythia in the background


The tulip magnolia about to bloom

Ahh! Cattle lying in green pasture. That's the barn where they milk the cow.

I told my sister that I'm sure people around here don't appreciate what they have. (Not like we do anyway.) 
This was the scene from our apartment window last week one morning

I was completed astounded when I woke to this sight. It snowed maybe 4" that day.

The first night we were here I was awake enough to hear wind and I thought, "Wow! That must be some wind to be heard in this building like that." In my half asleep/half awake state I thought I was still in the apartment on campus at Faith Builders. Then I awoke enough to realize I was in my own bed in a double wide with thin walls.

Someone at Faith Builders asked me what will be the first thing I do when I get home. After thinking a bit I said I would probably walk around and see what all is growing in the flower beds, garden and orchard. It didn't turn out that way. 

When we arrived home Friday afternoon the older boys were wanting the truck for a work night with the young folks. So we immediately unloaded and I put things away and did laundry. The house was filthy. At least where people came in and out to chore for 5 weeks. It was appallingly dirty. I spent a good bit of time cleaning and making order out of everything.

Mom Lapp graciously offered to make a meal for us that evening. I accepted as I didn't know what I was going to cook. 

Then yesterday I transplanted the tomatoes that we had started in PA. The boys filled the cells with soil, helped with transplanting and hauled the finished product away. We have over 200 plants. Enough to share -that's certain.

 Now they line every available window space.


The boys are enjoying lots of outdoor time. Of course, it's back to milking cows and tending the animals, cooking, doing dishes and cleaning house too. They got spoiled for the last several weeks. I told them they need to remember that they are needed with housework once again!
Matthew prepares to serve the volleyball. Christopher sits; whittling something.

This morning our church had a different kind of service. There was a a sunrise service at 6:30 for whosoever wanted; at Ken & Heidi Eash's place. Thomas & I would have liked to be there but were too worn out plus someone needed to milk the cow. We opted to stay home. Stephen & Austin planned to go but then Stephen overslept. End of that story.

After that service there was a breakfast at church beginning between 8 & 8:30. We went for that and I took a plate of fresh fruit. Following the breakfast we had a shorter-than-normal service with singing, a share time and a sermon. Austin had instruction class afterwards. We came home for lunch. 

A '"hospitality evening'' is planned. Something new for me. I don't recall ever doing it before but it sounds interesting. Four families are hosting and the rest of the families picked slips of paper from a basket. The papers had the host families' names on them. Whatever name was on your paper is where you are to go for the evening. Each of the hosts have two households coming to their place. We plan to go to Allen & Joanna Stoltzfus' place. The boys are quite happy about that as Allens' boys are their friends.

I walked around the garden a bit yesterday and I think this coming week we will spend a lot of time outdoors. The garden was sadly neglected for a year and needs a lot of attention. I also want to move perennial flowers while they are small. It may not be the right time of year to do it but if I don't do it now it won't get done!

Has spring sprung for you? Or are you still waiting?

What new thing have you recently experienced?

What was Easter like for you? Do you serve a risen Lord?

If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.  (1 Corinthians 15:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment