Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

Fail!

My blog-every-day effort surely failed. The last post was over a month ago. Often a blog post is formed in my mind but it never makes it to the hardware. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! Don't let failure spell defeat.

I will use one of my favorite writing guides. The outline below helps to bring my thoughts together.


Outside my window…
A beautiful day. We have had a topsy turvy spring with warm weather out of season and then really cold weather. This poses a problem with the fruit crops. Some flowering trees here were blooming really nicely and then they got frozen. Now some remaining blooms are coming out. There is a need of more moisture already. Will we have a dry summer?

I am thinking…
...about the goodness of God. God is good...All the time. All the time...God is good. We say. What about when your debts are higher than your income? When your baby dies before birth? When the fruit crop freezes? When robbers come and terrorize your children? When your child is expelled from school? When you have your business almost sold and the buyers back out at the last minute? 

These are all real occurrences for someone or another of my acquaintances within the past few weeks. Job also experienced great trials and questioned God's goodness. Does God owe me good things? Is He still good when things in my life are not? That is something we all need to come to terms with in our own hearts.

I am thankful for…
...a God Who is all-powerful, all-wise, all-knowing and holy. Perfect. He creates something from nothing. If I need something I can ask Him for it and He will provide for me. We have seen Him do this over and over.The groceries have been running on low for awhile. I kept wondering how I would make the next meal. Well, I must not have been as far out of groceries as I thought because I kept making one more meal. And one more meal. Sometimes you have food but you're not sure how to make a meal out of it. Such was the case yesterday. Thomas and I went shopping and I didn't know what the boys would have for lunch while we were gone. The menu spot on my weekly plan was blank for yesterday. Then on Sunday someone gave me a leftover potato casserole from the potluck dinner at church. Why do I worry? We are told over and over that God will provide for us. It must grieve His heart to see me fretting over such puny things.

From the learning rooms…
The names and positions of states. Capitols. Postal abbreviations. Is there an interesting way to learn these "boring" facts? Certainly! Put it to a tune and it will stick in your mind. Get an app for your phone or tablet and it becomes a game to see who can get the fastest time score for placing all the states in their correct spots. My, learning is easy nowadays.

The above was written a few weeks ago. Then I filled in below a few days later but the system failed to save my labors. I will just quickly fill it in today.


From the kitchen…
Burnout.


I am wearing…
My clothes. Haha


I am creating…
Food for boys (at home) and crafts for girls (Kid's Club).


I am going…
To job sites with Thomas. Bumming around with him for the day while the boys are on their annual field trip with the church school.

This home owner has an awesome view

I am reading…
The Bible. Portions from Job, Luke and Revelation daily. (As daily as my humanity allows. Some days it gets missed, to my shame.)

I am hearing…
The power washer. Thomas is cleaning logs. (Log home needs to be refinished.)


Around the house…
Just general work.... laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, mending, planning, reading, writing. Want to know more? I think it would bore you.


One of my favorite things…
Fresh air and bird songs on a spring morning.


A few plans for the rest of the week…
Get the laundry folded and put away. Clean the house. Cook meals. Tomorrow evening is the annual mother-daughter banquet. Sunday is Mother's Day and the annual tradition is that the men cook lunch for the ladies. Yea! My men are making apple pies.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing….
Christopher made an apple swan

No comments:

Post a Comment