Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Birthday, Baby Things, Church Dinner

Our youngest child is now fourteen years old! Lord willing, he will soon cease to be our "baby". I suppose he'll be happy when he no longer bears that undignified title.

The men are home from work today. They had planned to go to work but Thomas realized he has a good deal of desk work to do and I'll need a washer. They're working tomorrow so they made today their "Saturday". 

Thomas went to look for another washer but the appliance repairman told him he could probably just take this one outside and wash it out good. His supposition was that soap got on the clutch causing the problems I had with it yesterday.

It is so very disappointing that they no longer make the good old fashioned washers with agitators. They're all these new fangled high efficiency washers that wear out in a hurry. Kind of like the way refrigerators aren't as dependable as they used to be.

Melvin cleaned out one of the trucks and is mowing the lawn. I'm not sure what Christopher is filling his day with.

I washed the piece of furniture in my bedroom. After a few years of kitchen use it was rather grimy. Then I pulled out all the baby items I've accumulated so far and had fun sorting them. 

I found that I don't have a whole lot beyond newborn size. It feels so weird to have forgotten how to prepare for a baby. What do I need? How many outfits of different sizes? I know they grow fast but how fast? 

And it feels good to be a little more prepared with the clothes sorted and in their proper places. 


That's a good bit of pink. There are a lot of neutral colors too and a few boy things tucked in behind...just in case. The ultrasound tech could be wrong you know.


Here's another new-fangled thing. Baby things have changed a lot in the last fourteen years. I was asking one of the ladies if I really need a baby bathtub and then she told me about these. I saw one advertised on the local yard sale group and bought it. 

Thomas pulled out the washer to clean it up so I washed the walls and floor where it sits. It was quite dirty but the laundry soap did a good job of cleaning it.

The ministers did a church appreciation supper this evening for the church. We gathered at pastor Dan's house and enjoyed a picnic on the lawn. Then there were yard games played by the energetic ones and observed by the less energetic ones who sat and visited.

Pulled pork sandwiches (no bread for me), mac n cheese (there was actually gluten free!), veggies & dip, potato chips, fresh fruit and bars (there were even sugar free, gluten free ones!). Delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment