Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Daybook Tuesday

Outside my window…
The world is wet. It’s been a gray day and it sounds like we’ll have more gray weather this week.

I am thinking…
...about how it would be to be a widow. Thomas is in Ohio for a job this week. I have to pick up the load here while he’s gone. BUT- I can still talk to him. I know he will probably come back. He’s not gone forever (Lord willing). What would I do without him?

I am thankful for…
...good health. I felt rotten several days. A head cold with sneezing, watery eyes, headaches, weariness, nose blowing. Sound miserable enough?

From the learning rooms…
The boys are practicing their cursive. AND! -Melvin has completed Level 6 of the Barton Reading and Spelling System. There are ten levels. Once he is through all of them he should be able to read and spell at high school level.

From the kitchen…
An elderly gentleman and his family has taken a liking to the zucchini bread I sell at the market. Since the market has stopped carrying the bread for a while he’s buying it directly from me. He says it’s the best zucchini bread he’s ever had. I told Thomas I didn’t know there was a difference in zucchini breads. He ordered ten loaves this week and also 10 loaves of banana bread!

I am wearing…
...a black dress that is like a sack on me.

I am creating…
...scrapbook pages with old pictures from friends and family.


I am going…
...nowhere fast.

I am reading…
...instructions and lesson plans in preparation for Kid’s Club next week. Heidi Eash and I are in charge of a group of lively 12-13 year old girls.

I am hearing…
...the clock ticking and the fridge running. It’s time to be in bed!

Around the house…
The boys are working with Grandma Schwartz to get seeds started. They are also helping Grandpa get the greenhouse ready for raising the plants in.

A flat of cabbage that has just been transplanted

Christopher working on transplanting broccoli

Matthew completing the task


One of my favorite things…
Warm weather. Saturday was a lovely day that gave a person spring fever.

A few plans for the rest of the week…
Saturday evening is our annual Sweetheart Supper for the church couples. The youth group serves that and we youth sponsors help plan and prepare the food. It is a little later than usual this year because we were missing young people who were away at Bible School.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing….
...thrift store finds. Oo-lah-lah.

Large stainless steel pans for $3@

Book rack -$2



12 large white napkins - $7

Two styles of napkin rings - 8 for $1.75
What did you do today?

Are you getting spring fever?

Any recent thrift store finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment