Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Problem Solved

In my last post I mentioned that I was puzzling over the problem of the chickens needing shelter. 

A thought came to me as I was watching a video on homesteading. I saw someone lift the lid of a tote and they said it was a chicken nest. Well! I have lots of unused totes sitting around. I kept rolling this around in my mind. How could a tote be successfully used as a shelter?

Then I searched YouTube for ideas. After watching a few videos with Melvin and Christopher, their wheels started turning. So I just turned them loose to build whatever they thought up. This is what they came up with. They set it inside the privacy fenced garden and moved the chickens on in. 

Now the chickens can take on the job of getting the garden tilled and fertilized by spring. Yay! Praise the Lord!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment