Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

OK friends, look out! I've been educating myself. "What kind of education?" you ask. "Business," I reply. "Why should I look out?" you ask. Because my teacher told me to blog daily. And I'm going to try it. So if you get tired of me you'll have to either remove yourself or ask to be removed from the email list. Or just hit delete. You know where that button is? Very good. Now let me proceed.

The sun is shining and according to the weather report we will have one more relatively warm day (upper 40's) before we get more cold weather (20-mid 30's). Maybe I can finish washing some windows today. Yay!

We have had a very mild winter so far. Sometime around Christmas we discovered the forsythia was blooming! Strange. The orchard owners are concerned about the fruit crop for this year.

Matthew has been sick for almost 2 weeks. I wonder if he had strep or pneumonia. I'm not a run-to-the-doctor type of person but prefer home remedies.  Since oregano oil is supposed to be antibiotic I had him taking it heavily. Raw onion slices on the soles of his feet for fever. He started out with fever and headache. That left him after a couple days and then he had bad sores in his mouth and sore throat. After a few days he could eat again but then he said food had no taste. Then he developed a cough. He's still coughing. This is the 3rd or 4th day that he's done his math work again. Before that he just lay around not doing a whole lot. I could tell yesterday that he was a good bit better because he wasn't lying down nearly as much and was actually able to do a couple small chores. He doesn't go down very easily so I was rather concerned and am so grateful to see him climbing out of it.

Stephen and his cousin Sylvia are spending the week with my parents. We are still stepping toward getting them moved to our house. There are a lot of last things to complete.

And I have a lot of things to complete here as well. Cleaning and emptying my room and the extra kitchen. My friend so graciously came and did some cleaning for me this week. Now the kitchen is ready and the bedroom/bath nearly so.

It takes a bit of work to upset the fruit basket and find new spots for things. I'm thankful to the Lord for faithfully showing me where things belong. It has also been good for my decluttering journey. It is freeing to get rid of things!

Well, that's enough for today. It's time to wash the dishes. The boys are doing their math lessons and Thomas & Austin are off to work.

Have you had your cup of coffee this morning?

What about tea?

Check this out.  (Warning: a few under-dressed folks in the before & after video.)

Reply to this post or contact me by text or phone call if this has piqued your interest.

304-851-6260

No comments:

Post a Comment