Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Quitting

Why do some people quit?

What do they quit?

I am quitting because I'm overwhelmed and my family is at another stage.

Baking for market needs to stop. My sons who have been helping me, will be 13 & 14 next summer and it is high time they identify with manly work.

So, that's why and what I'm quitting. And I'm hoping it gives me more time to just be a mother who is able to keep up with the laundry and dishes. 

Knowing myself, it will still be a struggle to keep up with the mundane chores, but really and truly, I am working on that part of my life. I would rather read and write and do exciting things. 

This past week the market sold two out of the four pies I baked. I wasn't sure how many to make this week so I texted the owner. She didn't reply, so I made four pies. 

Then she said, "No, ma'am, no pies this week. It's like a refrigerator at the market." Oh. Thanks for telling me now.

The pies made nice gifts.

I have a Christmas order for a lady on Saturday. But otherwise I may be done already, because I said I would quit at the end of the year. And if they don't want anything at their "refrigerated market"....

Yippee!

Today I'm thankful for...
...a milder day.
...yearly family photos of friends and family.
...music.

Soon to be a thing of the past, Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment